, August 22, 2012
It is common for Golden Retrievers to have diseases in fact.That’s not to say most Golden’s are unhealthy. They suffer no more than any other breed. But there are a group of afflictions that are more typically found among them than some others.
Golden Retriever would face skin diseases and conditions in their life commonly.Something as simple as a mosquito or flea bite can cause a small itchy section. Golden Retrievers are very mouthy and tend to chew what they can reach. That quickly produces a raw, moist patch called a hot spot that the dog tends to enlarge. Keeping them unable to reach it via a collar or bandage, or uninterested via sprays is the standard treatment.Goldens also have a somewhat higher tendency than some other breeds to allergic reactions to certain food components. Wheat is a common part of many dry commercial dog foods. Though not toxic, dogs’ stomachs are designed to digest meat not wheat, and some individuals are sensitive to wheat, causing itching. That can be seen by excess paw licking or face scratching on the carpet or grass.But the more serious forms of skin disease actually happen underneath the outer layers. Various forms of fatty lipomas and the more serious liposarcoma are common, especially later in life.The first are typically benign and can be removed when the dog is already undergoing a procedure requiring anasthesia, such as a dental cleaning. They may enlarge, but in most cases they represent no health risk and can just be left alone for long periods. Liposarcomas, on the other hand, are malignant tumors and should be treated as soon as they’re diagnosed. When in doubt, see your vet and pay for a lab test.
Eye problems would come to Golden Retrievers commonly with the growth of their age.Eventually these lead to reduced vision and even blindness. There’s little that can be done to treat the condition, unfortunately.Golden Retrievers aren’t at high risk statistically for heart conditions, but when they occur it tends to be either subvalvular aortic stenosis or cardiomyopathy.
Subvalvular aortic stenosis is not a good thing.In mild cases, the condition is harmless, though restricted activity may be required. In more serious cases, the heart muscle tissue thickens and the heart has to work harder to pump an adequate amount of blood. The condition is generally inherited and treatment varies from mild antibiotics to beta blockers. Surgery is an option, but it’s risky and has had limited success to date.
Cardiomyopathy would harm Golden Retrievers in the way that heart muscle becomes thin and flabby actually.It tends to occur in dogs between the ages of 4-10 and the causes are largely unknown. It is progressive and ultimately fatal.Despite the somewhat scary list, serious health problems in a well-cared for Golden Retriever are relatively rare and most live a long, healthy life. Proper diet and exercise, with appropriate screening is the best approach to optimizing their health.
If you want to know more about supplements and vitamins you can ask the author for more information.
- Preventative Medicine Is The Key To Prevent Golden Retriever Health ProblemsGolden Retrievers are a purebred dog and it is essential to provide this amazing animal with proper diet, exercise and routine visits to the veterinarian. Preventative medical treatment will keep major health issues at bay. However, there are some Golden Retriever health problems that exist with this breed….
- The Golden Key To Golden Retriever TrainingKnown for their gentleness, playfulness, and loyalty, the Golden Retriever breed is a favorite among families. Families with children especially enjoy the characteristics of this breed….
- Social Training Of Golden RetrieverGolden retrievers are one of the most darling breed of dog that you will see….
- How to Identify Common Health Problems in Dogs and CatsFido can be a great friend and a pleasure to be around. Dogs and cats can often provide hours of entertainment and a good feeling when you come home to them….
- Most Beneficial Golden Retriever Training TipsYou happen to be studying the correct content if you are looking at the best golden retriever training suggestions accessible. It’s not hard to realize why Golden Retrievers are such a famous doggy. With this in mind, it’s also important to understand that even Golden Retrievers need training….